STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
Ultra-Small Grade 0 Automotive Gate Drivers with Advanced Safety Diagnostics for 48V Battery Systems in Electric Vehicles
Allegro MicroSystems has introduced a large portfolio of 80V motor drivers for advanced 48V automotive systems. These new products are designed to address the critical need for flexible and reliable solutions in electric vehicles.
The new portfolio includes:
- AMT49100 & AMT49101: 80V safety three-phase gate drivers for electric power steering (EPS) and other safety-critical systems
- AMT49502: 80V safety half-bridge gate driver with actuators and solid-state relays
- A89503: 80V safety half-bridge gate driver with independent high-side and low-side output loads for floating loads, such as seat heaters and catalytic heaters
- A89500: 100V high-power half-bridge gate driver in ultra-compact DFN package for distributed systems, 48V power inverters, golf carts, and e-bikes
These new integrated gate drivers offer optimized architecture and performance, which directly impact on vehicle’s weight, battery/fuel efficiency, and driver safety. The new devices can easily operate on any load configuration from half-bridge with independent high-side and low-side outputs to three-phase brushless DC (BLDC) control.
With greater reliability, robustness, and flexibility, the 48V gate drivers offer multiple topologies and they can support various loads from catalytic heaters and actuators to EPS and braking applications. Using the new portfolio of drivers allows the engineers to increase efficiency, reduce weight, and design size along with more accuracy and higher performance driver experience.
These 80V automotive gate drivers have ISO 26262 compliant design and come with over 20 diagnostic features that allow the customers to diagnose verify and act against system faults.
Features of AMT49502 & A89503 5.5V (80V ASIL Half-Bridge MOSFET Gate Driver)
- Independent high-side and low-side gate drives
- SPI-compatible serial interface with programable diagnostics
- Current sense amplifier
Features of A89500 (100V Fast Switching Half-Bridge MOSFET Driver)
- 100V operating voltage
- AEC-Q100 Option
- Integrated Bootstrap Diode
- Compatible with 12 V, 24 V, and 48 V
- Sleep Mode
- Fast Switching
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.