New 10 A H-Bridge Driver ICs for Brushed DC Motors to Downsize Electronic Control Units (ECUs) in Automotive Applications
Toshiba Electronics has introduced the TB9054FTG and TB9053FTG, two new driver ICs for brushed DC motors that utilize advanced DMOS FET technology to achieve a low RDSON value. The TB9053FTG delivers an extraordinary low Rth of just 0.67K/W in a QFN40 thermally enhanced power package. The new H-bridge devices are AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified and support temperatures up to 150°C junction temperature. The greater functional integration alongside the streamlining of interfaces allows the driver ICs to significantly contribute to the downsizing of automotive electronic control units (ECUs).
High-precision motor control can be executed with the SPI interface (or through direct PWM control if preferred). This allows port reductions in the host microcontroller to be realized. Along with the current monitoring and current limiting features, the built-in diagnostics allow ongoing performance and functional observation.
The Driver ICs are protected by over-current, over-temperature, and open load protection mechanisms. These new driver ICs can be used in applications such as ETC, EGR, power mirror folding, small fans, grill shutter, camera or OBC lid operation, plus soft power door opening/closing systems.
Features of TB9054FTG and TB9053FTG ICs
- PWM control output
- Forward/reverse/brake modes
- Current limit control: Chopper-type current limiter
- Hi-side output current monitoring function (CM1 and CM2 pins)
- Open-load detection: During operation/non-operation Diagnosis output (DIAG1 and DIAG2 pins)
- H-bridge mode/Half-bridge mode selectable with OSEL1 and OSEL2
- Low-power sleep mode
- Through-current prevention circuit
- AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified