CCG6xF – USB Type-C Port Controller ICs for Power Delivery Solution in PCs and Notebooks
Cypress Semiconductor Corp. has released a new dual and single port USB-C controls with Power Delivery, EZ-PD CCG6DF, and CCG6SF. The new EZ-PD controllers can also support the new USB4 standard as well as the latest Intel Thunderbolt platforms. The controllers are designed with multiple features including a VBUS provider load switch for power with fault protection to improve upon prior generation designs.
The USB-C standard connectivity is being preferred by manufacturers of PCs, peripheral devices, and accessories because the USB-C can power devices and transmit data at the same time using the same cable and reversible connector. The USB-C powers devices up to 100W and enables the consolidation of the different interfaces on the same port. It also provides various other user benefits like support for multiple standards, including USB4, Thunderbolt, DisplayPort, and HDMI.
The new controllers offer the highest BOM integration for next-generation notebook and desktop enabling smaller footprint and reducing costs of OEMs. The controllers are sampling today and available in configurations including 96-pin BGA and 48-pin QFN packages.
Features of EZ-PD CCG6DF and CCG6SF USB-C controllers
- USB Type-C and Power Delivery 3.0 supporting USB3 and USB4, Thunderbolt, DisplayPort Alternate Mode platforms
- Has an embedded 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor with 64-KB flash for enhanced programmability
- Can support the new USB4 standard with firmware upgrades
- Data transfer rate up to 40 GB/s
- Support USB 3.2, Displayport, and PCIe
- Fault protection, such as Over-current, Over-voltage, Under-voltage, and Reverse-current and Short-circuit protection on VBUS provider path
More Technical Information can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and in the EZ-PD CCG6DF and CCG6SF product page.