650V SiC Schottky Diodes with Current Ratings from 6A to 40A
Littelfuse introduced two additions to its expanding line of second-generation, 650V, AEC-Q101-qualified silicon carbide (SiC) Schottky Diodes. Both series offer power electronics system designers a variety of performance advantages over traditional silicon-based devices, including negligible reverse recovery current, high surge capability, and a maximum operating junction temperature of 175°C. This makes them ideal for applications in which improved efficiency, reliability, and thermal management are desirable.
The LSIC2SD065DxxA Series SiC Schottky Diode is available with current ratings of 6A, 10A, or 16A in a TO‑263-2L package; the LSIC2SD065ExxCCA Series SiC Schottky Diode is available with current ratings of 12A, 16A, 20A, or 40A in a TO-247-3L package.
These SiC Schottky Diodes dissipate less energy and can operate at higher junction temperatures than alternative solutions such as standard silicon bipolar power diodes. They also require smaller heat sinks and support a smaller system footprint than those solutions. These advantages offer end-users the benefits of more compact, energy-efficient systems, and a potential lower total cost of ownership.
Typical applications for the new 650V SiC Schottky Diodes include:
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
- Buck/boost stages in DC-DC converters
- Free-wheeling diodes in inverter stages
- High-frequency output rectification
- Power factor correction (PFC)
The new 650V SiC Schottky Diodes offer these key benefits:
- Available in TO‑263-2L and TO-247-3L packages for greater design flexibility.
- AEC-Q101-qualified diodes exhibit exceptional performance in demanding applications.
- Suitable for high-frequency power switching.
- Safe operation and ease of paralleling for reduced stress on the opposing switch.
- Larger design margin and relaxed thermal management requirements due to 175°C maximum operating junction temperature.
LSIC2SD065DxxA Series SiC Schottky Diodes are available in TO-263-2L packaging and LSIC2SD065ExxCCA Series SiC Schottky Diodes are available in TO-247-3L packaging. Both in tape and reel format, with a minimum order quantity of 800 devices. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.