1350 V IH2 IGBT Series With Over a Wide 16 to 60 kHz Switching Frequency Range Solutions for Industrial and Induction-Heating Applications
STMicroelectronics has introduced the 1350 V IH2 series which include STGWA25IH135DF2 and STGWA35IH135DF2 a new class of IGBTs boasting an enhanced breakdown-voltage capacity of 1350V and a maximum operational temperature of 175°C. These elevated ratings provide a wider design margin, bolstered performance, and extended reliability across diverse operational scenarios.
The 1350 V IH2 series is based on advanced trench gate field-stop (TGFS) technology and features higher breakdown voltage capability with low VCE(sat), lower thermal resistance, and extended 175°C maximum junction temperature to ensure higher reliability and ruggedness with suitable margin under all operating conditions.
The STGWA25IH135DF2 and STGWA35IH135DF2 are ideal for ideal for maximizing efficiency in single-switch quasi-resonant converters over a wide switching frequency range from 16 to 60 kHz.
- Designed for soft-commutation
- Maximum junction temperature: TJ = 175 °C
- VCE(sat) = 1.7 V (typ.) @ IC = 20 A
- Minimized tail current
- Tight parameter distribution
- Low thermal resistance
- Very low drop and soft recovery co-packaged diode
- Positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient
- Induction Heating (e.g., kitchen hobs, induction cooktops)
- Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)
- Renewable Energy Systems (solar, wind inverters)
- Power Inverters (e.g., UPS, backup power)
- High-Frequency Switching (resonant power converters)
- Telecommunications (power amplifiers, switching)