New UF3C/UF3SC series of Silicon Carbide FETs with low RDS of 7/9 mΩ to Improve Efficiency, and Lower Losses
United SiC has introduced a series of UF3C/SC SiC FETS that are improved to provide higher switching speeds, higher efficiency, and lower losses with a low Drain to Source Resistance of 7/9 mΩ. These new FETs offer a drop-in replacement solution for most TO-247-3L IGBT, Si-MOSFET, and SiC-MOSFET parts. This helps the designers to upgrade the systems for greater performance and efficiency without changing the existing gate driver circuit. Turn-on losses can be reduced based on a 50% reduction in Qrr. For high current applications, a small, low-cost RC snubber is required, which also simplifies EMI design.
Features of UF3C/SC SiC FETs
- 650V and 1200V
- Low RDS(on) from 7mohm to 150mohm
- Excellent body diode performance (Vf < 2V)
- Drive with any Si and/or SiC gate drive voltage
- Integrated ESD and gate protection
- A full suite of industry-standard packages – TO-220-3L, D2PAK-3L, DFN8X8, TO-247-3L & -4L (Kelvin)
Note: Complete technical details can be found in the UF3C065030B3 Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page.
The UF3C/SC SiC FETs are available for purchase on the company website, for more information about UF3C/SC SiC FETs visit the official website of United SiC.