TC78H670FTG – Micro-Stepping Motor Driver IC for Low Power, High Resolution Applications
Toshiba has launched a new micro-stepping motor driver IC called TC78H670FTG, which can drive motors with a wide range of operating voltages. The new IC can drive a 128 micro-stepping motor with a power supply ranging from 2.5V to 16V. The newest DMOS process of Toshiba ensures high efficiency with a low ON resistance and ultra-low standby current. It also eliminates the use of a current sense resistor by incorporating an in-built current detection part that contributes to lower cost, smaller component footprint, and compact PCBs.
Features of TC78H670FTG
- Has a maximum rating of 18V/2.0A
- Compact package (QFN16 3.0mm×3.0mm)
- Low ON resistance (Ron=0.48Ω @VM=12V)
- Low to medium voltage range 2.5V to 16V with an interface of 1.8V to 5.0V
- Ultra-low standby current of 0.1μA
- Operates motors smoothly and quietly and reduces vibration; improved rotation angle accuracy achieved by micro-stepping control.
Note: Complete technical details of the Driver IC can be found in the TC78H670FTG Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page.
TC78H670FTG can be used in a wide range of applications that includes USB-powered, battery-powered, and standard 9-12V system devices, and it can also be used with a 1.8V interface, allowing connection to various hosts and microcontrollers. Some commercial applications include Cameras, security cameras, portable printers, handheld scanners, Pico-projectors, and smartphones.
TC78H670FTG is packed in a compact QFN16 (3.0mm×3.0mm) package, for more details about TC78H670FTG visit the official website of Toshiba Electronic Device & Storage Corporation.