STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
SA50-120 Series of COTS-Based Radiation Hardened Power Converters for Improved Flexibility and Customization in Harsh Space Applications
Microchip Technology has announced the expansion of its SA50-120 power converter family with nine new units based on its Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) technology. The new radiation-hardened DC-DC power converters utilize surface mount components construction for delivering flexibility and customization to fit specific applications and requirements.
Qualified to Mil-Std-461, Mil-Std-883, and Mil-Std-202, the SA50-120 family the COTS technology provides developers with space-qualified power converters that help to minimize risk and lower development costs. The DC-DC power converter technology along with ISO 9000 and AS9100 certified fabrication facilities provide high-quality units through flexible manufacturing alternatives.
The SA50-120 power converters 120V input and offer up to 56W of output in a low profile, small-sized solution. The units utilize switching regulators that use peak current mode controlled single-ended forward converter topology with inherent single-event immunity.
With 87% efficiency and eight million hours, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) maximizes system performance and reliability. Qualified to 100 krad (Si) Total Ionization Dose (TID) and Single Event Effects (SEE) greater than 80 MeV cm2/mg, the new units offer synchronization, a Transistor-Transistor Logic (TTL) on/off command signal, and various protection features. The EMI-compliant designs with single and triple outputs are ideal for Space Station and ORION program platforms. Microchip provides end-to-end design support to accelerate time to market including analysis, qualification, and production.
Features of SA50-120 Power Converter Family
- SA50-120 power converters utilize 120V input and offer up to 56W of output in a low-profile, small-sized solution
- EMI-compliant and radiation-hardened designs with single and triple outputs are ideal for the space station and ORION program platforms
- Units utilize switching regulators that use peak-current-mode controlled single-ended forward converter topology with inherent single-event immunity
- Eight million hours Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and up to 87% efficiency, the highest of any standard 120V input space-grade DC-DC power converter
- Single-output versions additionally offer remote sense, output voltage adjust and parallel connection functions
Note: More technical information can be found on the product page of SA50-120 Power Converter Family
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.