RX13T – Series of 32-bit Microcontrollers Optimized for Inverter Control in Compact Motors
Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the RX13T Group of 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) that offers high efficiency and low bill-of-material (BOM) cost by incorporating functions optimized for single-motor inverter control, reducing the number of required peripheral components, and including low-pin-count packages in its lineup. These are the industry’s first MCUs operating at 32MHz to incorporate a floating-point unit (FPU) and provides functions with a proven track record on RX Family MCUs, such as inverter control timer (MTU3), 12-bit A/D converter, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), and data flash memory, making it possible to implement brushless DC motor control on a single chip
The RX13T Group of Microcontrollers has been designed to enable high-efficiency inverter control of compact motors of fans or pumps in consumer and industrial applications. It can also control factory equipment like water discharge, supply pumps, or cooling fans for data sensor servers where energy efficiency is important and also the cordless, battery-powered household products like electric power tools and vacuum cleaners that need a longer operating period
Features of RX13T Group of MCUs
- RXv1 CPU core with an operating frequency of 32 MHz and a performance of 98.56 CoreMark.
- Support for a wide range of power supply voltages from 2.7V to 5.5V. Offering 5V support provides a high level of noise tolerance
- Incorporates the MTU3 timer module for inverter control. The timer counter clock operates on a high-speed clock frequency equal to the CPU’s operating frequency, making it easy to generate complementary PWM output with the dead time that is required for inverter control
- Channel-dedicated sample and hold a function (for three channels) enables simultaneous sampling of three-phase current values, eliminating the need for error correction and lightening the software load
- 128 kilobytes (KB) or 64 KB of on-chip code flash memory and 12 KB of on-chip SRAM, There is also 4 KB of on-chip data flash memory, eliminating the need for external EEPROM.
- On-chip peripheral functions such as three-channel PGA, three-channel comparator, and high-speed on-chip oscillator (HOCO, the accuracy of ±1.0%) reduce the need for peripheral components
- Models are available with support for an operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C or -40°C to 105°C. This meets the increasing need in both the industrial and consumer fields for products capable of operating in high-temperature environments
The RX13T group comes in a compact 32-pin LQFP package and a 4-pin LFQFP package. As part of the development environment, Renesas offers an RX13T CPU card that supports the 24V Motor Control Evaluation Kit. The RX13T is available now for purchase and pricing varies depending on package, memory capacity and the number of pins. More Technical details about the RX13T MCUs can be found in the RX13T datasheet linked below.