RBxx8BM/NS200 – 200V Schottky Barrier Diodes with Ultra-Low Leakage Current for Automotive Applications
ROHM has announced the availability of RBxx8 lineups, a series of 200V ultra-low IR Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBD) that are designed for automotive applications including Powertrains and xEVs. The RBxx8BM/NS200 expands on the RBxx8 lineup of SBDs enabling high-temperature operation that has already been proven in the automotive market in Japan. The new series offers ultra-low leakage current (IR) characteristics to achieve high withstand voltage of 200V.
Features of RBxx8BM IR Schottky Diodes:
- Has a better efficiency than conventional rectifier diodes and FRDs
- Has an improved IR characteristic to ensure safe operation at high temperature
- Power consumption is very low and has a lower application power loss
- The new diodes are in small packages, hence they decrease mounting area by 71%
- SBDs are available in two package TO-252 (DPAK) and TO-263S (D2PAK) with two different Io options of 5Ax2 A and 10Ax2 A.
- Maximum Forward Voltage: 0.86V, Maximum junction Temperature: 150°C
- The SBDs can withstand up to 150V
- Offers two different IF 5A and 10A
Note: More technical details on RB088BM200 can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page.
The new SBDs deliver improved Forward characteristics as it replaces the Fast Recovery Diodes(FRD) and rectifier diodes, this also reduces the application power loss and allows smaller package design by reducing heat generation contributing to greater space-saving. The current trend used in Drive Systems for 48V mild hybrids is mechanical integration, where the motor and peripheral circuits are combined into a single module. This process requires high efficiency and high voltage SBDs that can deliver stable operation even at high temperatures, and these high voltage SBDs are also required in the systems utilizing conventional 150V components to increase functionality and reliability.
The RBxx8 lineups can be used in applications such as Automotive applications (i.e. xEVs) such as powertrain, industrial inverters, and various types of power supplies and they are now available for purchase on the official website. For more information about the series of SBDs visit the product page on the official website of ROHM.