STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
RA2E1 Group: 32-bit Entry-Line Single-Chip Microcontrollers for Space Constrained Cost-Sensitive Applications
Renesas Electronics Corporation has expanded its 32-bit RA2 Series microcontrollers (MCUs) with 48 new RA2E1 Group entry-line, single-chip devices with up to 128-KB code flash and 16-KB SRAM memory. The 48-MHz Arm Cortex-M23 core-based devices come with an operating voltage range of 1.6V to 5.5V and deliver optimized combinations of superior performance, ultra-low-power consumption, and innovative peripherals in small package options such as LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP).
The RA2E1 Group microcontrollers are suitable for cost-sensitive applications and other systems requiring high performance and low energy consumption in space-constrained applications. The new device provides maximum system device flexibility across diverse applications via multiple low power modes. The low power capabilities in the RA2E1 MCUs cover all on-chip peripherals, flash memory, and SRAM.
When benchmarked for power consumption, the RA2E1 MCU is certified with an EEMBC ULPMark score of 321 at 1.8V, verifying its best-in-class power rating. Users can now minimize active power consumption close to standby levels to extend battery life. The RA2E1 MCUs enable system costs reduction with on-chip peripheral functions, including a high precision (1.0 percent) internal oscillator, background operation data flash supporting 1 million erase/program cycles, high-current IO ports, and a temperature sensor.
The RAE1 devices are designed with an AES cryptography accelerator, a true random number generator (TRNG), and memory protection units that provide the fundamental blocks to develop a secure IoT system.
Features of RA2E1 Microcontrollers
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M23 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 32KB to 128KB; and 16KB RAM
- Support for wide operating voltage range: 1.6V - 5.5V
- Pin counts from 25- to 64-pin
- Package options including LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and WLCSP (2.14 x 2.27mm)
- Low power operation: 100µA/MHz in active mode; 250 nA in software standby
- Integrated next-generation innovative capacitive touch sensing unit with no external components required, lowering BOM costs
- Pin and peripheral compatibility with RA2L1 Group devices for quick and easy upgrade paths
Note: More technical information can be found in the RA2E1 Group Datasheet lined at the bottom of this page and on the RA2E1 Group product page.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.