RA2E1 Group: 32-bit Entry-Line Single-Chip Microcontrollers for Space Constrained Cost-Sensitive Applications
Renesas Electronics Corporation has expanded its 32-bit RA2 Series microcontrollers (MCUs) with 48 new RA2E1 Group entry-line, single-chip devices with up to 128-KB code flash and 16-KB SRAM memory. The 48-MHz Arm Cortex-M23 core-based devices come with an operating voltage range of 1.6V to 5.5V and deliver optimized combinations of superior performance, ultra-low-power consumption, and innovative peripherals in small package options such as LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP).
The RA2E1 Group microcontrollers are suitable for cost-sensitive applications and other systems requiring high performance and low energy consumption in space-constrained applications. The new device provides maximum system device flexibility across diverse applications via multiple low power modes. The low power capabilities in the RA2E1 MCUs cover all on-chip peripherals, flash memory, and SRAM.
When benchmarked for power consumption, the RA2E1 MCU is certified with an EEMBC ULPMark score of 321 at 1.8V, verifying its best-in-class power rating. Users can now minimize active power consumption close to standby levels to extend battery life. The RA2E1 MCUs enable system costs reduction with on-chip peripheral functions, including a high precision (1.0 percent) internal oscillator, background operation data flash supporting 1 million erase/program cycles, high-current IO ports, and a temperature sensor.
The RAE1 devices are designed with an AES cryptography accelerator, a true random number generator (TRNG), and memory protection units that provide the fundamental blocks to develop a secure IoT system.
Features of RA2E1 Microcontrollers
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M23 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 32KB to 128KB; and 16KB RAM
- Support for wide operating voltage range: 1.6V - 5.5V
- Pin counts from 25- to 64-pin
- Package options including LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and WLCSP (2.14 x 2.27mm)
- Low power operation: 100µA/MHz in active mode; 250 nA in software standby
- Integrated next-generation innovative capacitive touch sensing unit with no external components required, lowering BOM costs
- Pin and peripheral compatibility with RA2L1 Group devices for quick and easy upgrade paths
Note: More technical information can be found in the RA2E1 Group Datasheet lined at the bottom of this page and on the RA2E1 Group product page.