STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
NXP S32G Vehicle Network Processor for advanced Edge to Cloud Analytics
NXP Semiconductors has introduced S32G vehicle network processors that enable the automotive industry to shift to higher-performance domain-based vehicle architectures and provide reduced software complexity and enhance security and safety. The primary role of S32G processors will be in services-oriented gateways that will help in transforming OEMs from carmakers into vehicle data-driven service providers with expanded business opportunities. The S32G processors enable modern service-oriented gateways for rapid Over-the-Air (OTA) deployment of new capabilities and advanced edge-to-cloud analytics
The S32G processors take automotive networking to a new level by securely managing data transmission around the vehicle and protecting safety-critical applications from malicious intent. These processors integrate traditional MCUs with high-performance application processors with ASIL functional safety support and network acceleration which provides the greatest level of functionality than offered in a single device.
Features of S32G
- Quad Arm Cortex-A53 cores with Arm Neon technology organized in two clusters of two cores with optional cluster lockstep for applications and services.
- Triple Arm Cortex-M7 lockstep cores for real-time applications
- Low Latency Communications Engine (LLCE) for automotive networks acceleration
- Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) for Ethernet networks acceleration
- Hardware Security Engine (HSE) for secure boot and accelerated security services
- Advanced functional safety hardware and software for ASIL D systems
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2 device (-40°C to -105°C)
The OEMs enabled by the NXP’s robust and secure processing capabilities help in exploring opportunities such as usage-based insurance, vehicle health monitoring, and fleet management services for commercial operators. The S32G is a unique combination of capabilities that support the latest ADAS applications and also provide safe and secure communication capabilities that significantly contribute to the total integration of the vehicle’s network.
The S32G247A is the first of the four devices in the S32G family and is sampling today to lead customers. For more information about S32G, visit the official website of NXP semiconductors.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.