NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor based Embedded system-on-module with built-in Video Processing Unit (VPU)
Digi International announced the expansion of its ConnectCore family of products with the introduction of the Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini System on Module (SOM) which is a highly integrated and cost-effective SOM platform based on the NXP i.MX 8M Mini applications processor. With an optimal balance of performance, power, and cost, it is well suited for mission-critical industrial, medical, transportation and agriculture applications. The Digi ConnectCore SoM simplifies embedded product development with its integrated memory, power management, pre-certified wireless, advanced security and the complete open-source Digi Embedded Yocto Linux software platform enabling the manufacturers to get to market faster with lower risk and cost.
The module includes power-efficient ARM Cortex-A53 and Cortex-M4 processing cores, rich multimedia (2D/3D GPU, VPU, MIPI-DSI/CSI, SAI, PDM) and advanced connectivity (802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, Gigabit Ethernet, making it ideal for Internet of Things (IoT), human-machine interface (HMI), equipment monitoring, audio/voice, edge computing and machine learning applications as i
Its physical hardware size is 40 x 45 x 3.5 mm, and it offers Bluetooth 5 compatibility and cellular enablement as well as TrustFence security framework.
Key Features and Specs
- Industrial i.MX 8M Mini quad-core System-on-Module (SOM)
- Display and camera capabilities with graphics and video hardware acceleration
- Video capabilities with built-in VPU
- Power management with both hardware and software support for low-power designs
- Pre-certified dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth® 5 connectivity
- Seamless cellular modem and Digi XBee® wireless integration
- Cloud and edge-compute services integration
- Built-in device security, identity and privacy with Digi TrustFence and a hardware Secure Element
- Remote monitoring and management with Digi Remote Manager
Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini development kits and software are available through their global distribution partners.