New MOTIX MCU Embedded Power IC-Families with CAN FD Interface for Faster Communication and Higher Performance
Infineon Technologies AG has introduced the TLE988x and TLE989x families of MOTIX MCU-embedded power integrated circuits. These new offerings integrate a gate driver, microcontroller, communication interface, and power supply onto a single chip, resulting in compact system-on-chip solutions. This advancement aims to deliver improved performance, and the new families feature CAN (FD) as the communication interface.
The new devices in the TLE988x and TLE989x families utilize B4 or B6 bridge N-channel MOSFET drivers, an Arm Cortex M3 microcontroller, and a CAN (FD) controller and transceiver capable of achieving a communication speed of 2 Mbps. This setup ensures rapid and robust communication and provides high computing performance due to the high system frequency (60 MHz) and its dual flash enabling read-while-write operation.
The families offer a significant boost in processing power compared to their predecessors, the TLE987x product family. This advancement is accompanied by functional safety and cybersecurity capabilities, crucial for use cases like electric vehicle thermal management systems involving oil pumps.
- 32-bit Arm Cortex -M3 core at up to 60 MHz
- Single power supply from 5.5 V to 28 V
- FLASH0 up to 32 KB, FLASH1 up to 256 KB with EEPROM emulation, RAM up to 32 KB
- 1x CAN-FD protocol handler and transceiver
- 2x UART (with LIN support), 2x SSC
- 3-phase bridge driver with charge pump and PWM generation (CCU7) and safe switch-off path
- 1x low-side shunt current sense amplifier and comparator
- 3x BEMF comparators
- 1x 12-bit ADC with 19 inputs and 1x 10-bit ADC with 14 inputs
- 14-bit SDADC with 2x2 differential inputs for rotary sensor measurement
- 12x 16-bit timer, 1x 24-bit timer (SYSTICK)
- Targeted at automotive brushed DC and brushless DC motor control applications
- Designed for use in body, comfort, and thermal management applications
- AEC Q-100 qualified to meet automotive standards
- Particularly suitable for systems requiring efficient motor control in electric vehicles, including oil pumps in thermal management.
MOTIX MCU TLE988x and TLE989x devices are now available.