New Gen 7 Platform of 1200 V Hyperfast Rectifiers with Improved Technical Features for Industrial and Automotive Applications.
Vishay Intertechnology has announced the launch of its new Gen 7 platform of 1200 V Hyperfast rectifiers. The devices, named VS-E7MH0112-M3 and VS-E7MH0112HM3, are offered in the SMA (DO-214AC) package and are optimized for industrial and automotive applications.
Technical features of the devices include:
- Fast recovery time of 75 ns -Reverse recovery charge (Qrr) of 150 nC typical
- Forward voltage drop of 1.10 V typical, which is 10% lower than the closest competitor on the market
- 50% lower parasitic capacitance without compromising device reliability
- 10% improvement in reverse recovery energy (Erec) compared to previous-generation solutions
- Softer recovery tail for improved EMI reduction
The devices are designed to serve as clamp, snubber, and freewheeling diodes in flyback auxiliary power supplies and high-frequency rectifiers for bootstrap driver functionality. They also provide desaturation protection for the latest fast switching IGBTs and Si/SiC MOSFETs.
Typical applications for these devices include industrial and telecom equipment, on-board chargers and motors for electric vehicles, Ćuk converters, and industrial LED PFC CrM SEPIC circuitry.
The devices feature a planar structure and platinum doped lifetime control that guarantee system reliability and robustness without compromising on performance. They also have optimized stored charge and low recovery current which minimizes switching losses and reduces power dissipation. They are RoHS-compliant and halogen-free and feature a Moisture Sensitivity Level of 1 in accordance with J-STD-020, and offer high temperature operation to +175 °C.
Samples and production quantities of the new Gen 7 devices are available now, with a lead time of 20 weeks.