STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
New 700V and 1200V SiC Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBD) for Reliable and Rugged Automotive Applications
Microchip Technology has introduced the 700V and 1200V SiC Schottky Barrier Diode (SBD) powered devices for helping designers to deliver automotive quality standards across a wide range of voltage, current, and package options. The AEC-Q101-qualified device allows the designers to increase the EV system’s efficiency and maintain high quality. It also maximizes system reliability and ruggedness for delivering stable and lasting application life.
The SiC offers superior avalanche performance enabling designers to reduce the need for external protection circuits which eventually reduces the system cost and complexity. Unlike other available SiCs, the new device showed no degradation in performance under extreme conditions and an increase in application life.
The new SiC delivers 20% higher energy withstand in Unclamped Inductive Switching (UIS) and also the lowest leakage currents at elevated temperatures. Microchip’s SiC automotive power devices complement its broad portfolio of controllers, analog, and connectivity solutions providing designers with total system solutions for electric vehicles and charging stations.
Microchip’s AEC-Q101 qualified 700V and 1200V SiC SBD devices (also available as die for power modules) for automotive applications are available for volume production orders.
Features of 700 and 1200V SiC Schottky Barrier Diode (SBD)
- Improved system efficiency with lower switching losses
- Higher power density for similar power topologies
- Higher operating temperature
- Reduced cooling needs, smaller filters, and passives
- Higher switching frequency
- Ten times lower Failure In Time (FIT) rate for neutron susceptibility than comparable Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors (IGBTs) at rated voltages
- Extremely low parasitic (stray) inductance at < 2.9 nH in SiC modules
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.