STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
MAX17852 - High-Voltage, ASIL-D Data Acquisition System for Voltage, Current, Temperature, and Communication in Automotive Battery Management System
Maxim Integrated Products’ new MAX17852, 14-Channel, high-voltage, ASIL-D data acquisition system allows designers to deliver the highest level of safety for voltage, current, temperature, and communications in a smaller space. Targeting the electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and other transportation systems the MAX17852 is suitable for smart junction box, 48V, and other automotive battery systems which can see voltages up to 400V and beyond.
The MAX17852 allows a typical cell voltage measurement of ±0.45mV at room temperature and a maximum of ±2mV error in a temperature range of 5 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius, this enables car OEMs to get the most mileage range out of their batteries. The current sense amplifier capability of ±300mV, and a gain setting up to 256 times, and 0.3 percent current sense gain error allows the MAX17852 to provide the fastest, most accurate data for calculating power management, state of health, and state of charge.
Features of MAX17852 ASIL-D Data Acquisition System
- 14-Cell Battery-Voltage Measurement for Lithium-Ion, NiMH, or Super-Cap Cells
- Four Auxiliary Analog Inputs for NTC Thermistor or Absolute Voltage Measurement
- 5mA resolution (Gain = 256)
- ±2mV Accuracy at +25°C and 3.6V
- Support Up to 300mA per Switch
- Integrated 9V to 65V Input Linear Regulator
- 2.0mA (typ) Standby-Mode Supply Current
- 3µA Shutdown Mode Leakage Current
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
Note: More technical information can be found in the MAX17852 Battery Monitor IC Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the MAX17852 Battery Monitor IC product page.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.