GaN-Based 3KW Full Bridge LLC Resonant Converter Reference Design for Datacenter, Telecom, and Industrial SMPS Applications
GaN Systems has introduced a new reference design for a high density, high efficiency GaN-based 3kW LLC Resonant Converter (GS-EVB-LLC-3KW-GS). With an input voltage range of 380 Vdc - 420 Vdc and integrating GaN System’s 650V E-mode transistors, the full-bridge LLC resonant converter exceeds the 80 PLUS Titanium standard for power supply units. This helps the device to achieve high power density (AC/DC PSU) above 100W/inch3 and high efficiency of more than 96%.
The 54V output voltage, 55A full load current, and 250KHz resonant frequency make the LLC Resonant Converter suitable for reducing design cycles, costs, and time to market for companies developing data centers, telecom, and industrial switching mode power supply (SMPS) applications. The new device is packed in 80mm x 140mm x 30mm PCBA board size with air-forced cooling to meet the low profile 1U data center form factor.
Feature of GS-EVB-LLC-3KW-GS Resonant Converter
- Digital-based solution with soft switching LLC resonant converter
- Achieves 80+ Titanium with GaN Systems Bridgeless Totem-Pole PFC
- High power density up to 146W/inch3 (including air-forced cooling)
- High efficiency above 98%
- Meets low profile 1U data center form factor
- Over-current, short circuit, and over voltage system protection
Note: More technical information can be found in the GS-EVB-LLC-3KW-GS technical manual linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of GS-EVB-LLC-3KW-GS Resonant Converter.