Pulse Electronics' "flex family" line of internal FPC antennas are a flexible solution for a variety of applications.
Flexible Multi-Hall-Array CUR 4000 Sensor for High Accuracy DC and AC Measurements in High-Power Battery Monitoring Applications
TDK corporations have introduced the CUR 4000 sensor as an expansion to its Micronas Hall-effect sensor portfolio. The CUR 4000 is suitable for DC and AC measurements and overcurrent detection in high-power battery monitoring applications and it can offer non-intrusive, galvanic isolated contactless current sensing up to ≥2000 A. Developed for highly accurate current measurements in automotive and industrial applications the sensor comes with different configurable modes for linear core-based and differential coreless application setups.
In the linear modes of CUR 4000, a configurable array of Hall elements enables highly accurate measurements for core-based stray-field robust sensor-module designs. The differential mode enables minimal coreless and stray-field robust system designs without shields. With an output-offset temperature-drift below ±0.05 percent full scale, the sensor delivers a non-linearity error of ±0.2 percent and a noise performance of ±0.005 percent full scale, this helps in precise current measurements with a signal bandwidth of up to 8kHz.
Primary characteristics like temperature-dependent gain and offset can be adjusted to the magnetic circuitry by programming the non-volatile memory. CUR 4000 is available in a small eight-pin SOIC8 SMD package for less complex assembly compared to through-hole packages.
Features of CUR 4000 Current Sensor
- Multi-Hall-array sensor technology for high-precision core-based current sensing
- Configurable for highly accurate linear current sensing with a read-out of multi-Hall-array or for differential coreless and stray-field robust current sensing
- Contactless current sensing (non-intrusive)
- SEooC ASIL-B ready according to ISO 26262 to support Functional Safety applications
- Digital (SPI) interface for direct microcontroller connectivity and sensor programming
- Sleep modes (wake-up pin) for low power consumption
- Automotive temperature grade (TA = -40 °C up to 150 °C)
Note: More technical information can be found CUR 4000 Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of CUR 4000 Current Sensor.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.