EXCELON F-RAM with Reliable Data Logging Memories for Medical, Industrial, and Automotive Applications
Infineon Technologies AG has introduced Ferroelectric RAM (F-RAM) memory devices, available in 1Mbit (CY15B201QN-50SXE) and 4Mbit (CY15B204QN-40SXE). These devices are AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified and designed to operate within an extended temperature range of -40°C to +125°C, making them suitable for automotive applications. The devices boast rapid and highly reliable read/write performance, with speeds of up to 50 MHz in SPI mode and up to 108 MHz in Quad SPI (QSPI) mode. They also offer an impressive endurance of 10 trillion read/write cycles, allowing data logging at 10-microsecond intervals for over 20 years.
The F-RAM's zero delay write capability enables capturing and recording system data right up to the moment of an accident or any user-defined trigger event. Both new devices utilize the serial (SPI/QSPI) interface, feature low power consumption characteristics of F-RAM, operate between 1.8 V and 3.6 V, and come in a standard 8-pin SOIC package. Infineon's F-RAM is designed to retain data for over 100 years after power loss, ensuring data integrity and reliability.
- 4-Mb F-RAM Fast SPI
- Sophisticated write protection scheme
- Device ID and serial number
- Dedicated 256-byte special sector F-RAM
- Low-power consumption
- Low-voltage operation
- Restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant
- Data collection with frequent or rapid writes
- Demanding industrial controls to prevent data loss
- Hardware drop-in replacement for serial EEPROM or flash
- High-speed SPI bus for fast data transfers
- Read-only Device ID and Unique ID features for identification and tracking
- Data-Logging in Medical, Wearable, IoT, Industrial, and Automotive
The EXCELON Auto F-RAM devices are now available.