Energy-efficient H7 Variant of Gen7 650V TRENCHSTOP IGBTs for Improved Solar and Energy Storage Applications
Infineon Technologies AG has announced the expansion of its 7th generation TRENCHSTOP IGBT family with the discrete 650V IGBT7 H7 variant. This addition features an EC7 co-packed diode with an emitter-controlled design, paired with high-speed technology, to address the need for efficient power solutions.
The 650V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 H7 can deliver up to 150A. Variants from 40A to 150A are available in four package types: TO-247-3 HCC, TO-247-4, TO-247-3 Plus, and TO-247-4 Plus. The TO-247-3 HCC variant of the TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 H7 is designed with a high creepage distance.
TO-247 4-pin packages reduce losses and simplify designs by minimizing switching, voltage overshoot, and conduction losses, while also decreasing the need for parallel connections. Additionally, the 650V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 H7 is moisture-resistant, and qualified for industrial use according to JEDEC47/20/22 standards, especially HV-H3TRB, making it ideal for outdoor applications.
- Low switching losses
- Very low collector-emitter saturation voltage VCEsat
- Very soft, fast recovery antiparallel diode
- Smooth switching behavior
- Humidity robustness
- Optimized for hard switching, two- and three-level topologies
- String inverters
- Energy storage systems (ESS)
- Electric vehicle charging
- Industrial uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Welding equipment