STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
EMC Filter – 20A, 40Vdc Active Filters for Voltage Surge and Spike Protection in DC-DC Converters
TDK Corporation has introduced the TDK Lambda brand FQB series of 20A, 40Vdc rated EMC filter for DC-DC converters to provide protection against input voltage surges and spikes through the use of active circuitry. The new series of filters are designed to operate in harsh environments found in 28Vdc nominal input vehicle and airborne applications. The filter is equipped with high differential and common mode noise attenuation and it provides reverse input, under/over voltage protection and over current protection.
Features of FQB EMC Filters:
- Operating input voltage range: 8.5Vdc to 40Vdc
- Withstand transient of up to -50V to +210V
- Typical DC Resistance of 30mΩ reduces the power loss
- Filtering for Compliance to MIL-STD-461(F, G)
- Input Spike and Surge Suppression per MIL-STD-1275(D, E), MIL-STD-704(A-F) and RTCA/DO-160G (Sec 16-18)
- Qualifying testing is consistent with MIL-STD-883F and MIL-STD-202G
- High Differential and Common Mode Noise Attenuation
- -55 to 115°C Temperature Range (M-Grade)
- Standard (S-Grade) or Enhanced Screening (M-Grade) Options
Note: More technical details can be found in the EMC Filter datasheet linked in the bottom of this page.
The FQB has as remote on/off function and an open collector DC good/Fault signal is fitted as standard. The vehicle battery drain is minimized by a no-load current consumption of typically 3mA, which is reduced to just 1.5mA when the remote function is initiated. The filters have standard protection screening (-S suffix) and a base plate temperature rating of -40°C to +115°C, or enhanced screening (-M suffix) and an extended temperature rating of -55°C to +115°C. The M grade enhanced screening includes functional testing at high and low temperatures and a 96 hour burn-in period with temperature cycling.
The non-flanged package measures 60.6 x 39 x 12.7mm (L x W x H) and the flanged version 60.6 x 55.9 x 12.7mm. All models have been safety certified to IEC/UL/CSA 60950-1, IEC/UL/CSA 62368-1 (pending) and carry the CE mark. For more information about the 20A 40Vdc FQB filter series, visit the product page on the official website of TDK corporations.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.