Compact Dual-Band GNSS Module for Precise Positioning with Multiple Constellations
STMicroelectronics introduces the Teseo-LIV4F GNSS module, utilizing ST's Teseo IV single-die receiver technology to provide positioning accuracy and support L1 and L5 frequency bands and extends multi-constellation compatibility to include navigation with the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (NavIC or IRNSS).
The Teseo-LIV4F comes with Teseo-LIV4FSW firmware, allowing users to leverage the Teseo Suite PC-based application for firmware configuration and updating. The evaluation environment saves development time, and its small size and cost-effectiveness make it suitable for various position, navigation, and timing (PNT) applications.
The Teseo-LIV4F includes an onboard temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and a dedicated real-time clock (RTC) oscillator. It also offers real-time assisted GNSS, enabling the prediction of satellite data based on previous observations. The module extends battery runtime in power-conscious and ensures accuracy even in low signal strength scenarios.
- Simultaneous multi-constellation and multi-band GNSS
- IRNSS constellation ready
- -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Submeter positioning accuracy
- Embedded Flash memory
- Firmware upgrade
- Free firmware configuration
- VCC/VBAT supply voltage range: 3.0 to 3.63 V
- Tiny LCC-18 pin package (9.7 x 10.1 mm)
- Operating temperature (-40 to 85 °C)
- 10 μA standby current consumption and 48.8 mA GNSS L1&L5 tracking current consumption
- RED-ETSI certified
- People and pet location
- Emergency calls
- Fleet management and vehicle sharing
- Insurance black box
- Asset tracking
- Bike sharing
- Tolling systems