STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy Supported 32-bit RX23W MCU Module for System Control and Wireless Communication on IoT Devices
Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the RX23W Module with full Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy support, including long-range and 2 Mbps data throughput for system control and wireless communication. Powered by the RX23W 32-bit RX MCU, the new module comes with an antenna, oscillator, and custom-matched circuit.
The RX23W module comes in a very small 6.1 mm x 9.5 mm, 83-pin LGA package, reducing the requirement of external components and the bill of materials(BOM) cost. The new module helps in improving the development efficiency of IoT endpoint devices such as home appliances, healthcare, and sports and fitness equipment.
With Renesas’ RXv2 CPU core, the RX23W MCU delivers enhanced computing performance, operating at a maximum clock frequency of 54 MHz together with outstanding power efficiency, making it ideally suited for system control. Along with a reception sensitivity level of −105 dBm at 125 kbps, the new RX23W incorporates Renesas’ exclusive security function, the Trusted Secure IP (TSIP), that provides robust protection against threats to IoT devices such as eavesdropping, tampering, and viruses.
The RX23W MCU also has a rich set of peripheral functions that is indispensable to IoT devices, including touch key, USB, and CAN function. The RX23W Module is available at the reference price of US$6.60 per 10,000-unit quantities, and mass production and shipping have already begun.
Features of RX23W Module
- RXv2 core 54MHz operation (4.33 CoreMark/MHz) 1.8V to 3.6V operation
- Operating temperature -40°C to 85°C
- Program Flash up to 512KB, SRAM up to 64KB
- Built-in Bluetooth 5.0-compliant RF transceiver and link layer
- Full speed (12Mbps), low speed (1.5Mbps), isochronous transfer
- Enhanced analog: 12-bit A/D converter (14 channels), 12-bit D/A converter (2 channels)
- Self-capacitive touch sensing: Up to 12 keys supported in a 1-terminal 1-key configuration
- Mutual capacitive touch sensing: Supports up to 36 keys in a 12-terminal matrix configuration
Note: More technical information can be found in the RX23W Module Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of the RX23W MCU Module.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.