BD71847AMWV- High Efficiency Power Management IC for NXP 8M Nano Applications Processors
ROHM has introduced a highly integrated power management IC (PMIC) optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Nano family application processors which feature exceptional computing, and audio performance. The BD71850MWV is the latest addition to the portfolio of PMICs designed for NXP’s i.MX application processors.
Features of BD71847AMWV
- Input voltage range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- 6 programmable buck converters with optimized single output capacitor BOM
- 6 general-purpose LDOs with optimized supply power architecture
- OTP configurable and software programmable power control sequencer
- Can Integrate up to four Arm® Cortex®-A53 cores operating at up to 1.5GHz
- Also integrates an Arm Cortex-M7 that operates at up to 750 MHz for low standby power consumption
- Power-control hardware sideband signaling compatible with i.MX 8M Nano
- 1.8V / 3.3v Power multiplexer for high-speed SDXC card
- Single-switch, multi-functional power button functionality
- 32.768kHz crystal oscillator driver
- Extensive protection functions (soft start, power rail error detection, overvoltage, overcurrent, etc.)
- 3.3V tolerant I2C I/F (1 MHz max.)
Note: Complete technical details of the PMIC can be found in the BD71850MWV Datasheet, linked at the bottom of this page.
With the help of analog power and advanced BCD process, BD71850MWV integrates all power rails required by the processor as well as power supplies for DDR and common system IO. The PMIC features programmable power sequencer for flexible power control and management, seamless hardware control interface to i.MX 8M Nano, buffered sleep clock, protection functions, etc.
The high level of integration, customizations for i.MX 8M Nano applications processors, and programmability help to shorten development time, to lower system BOM cost and to minimize the solution footprint. For more information about BD71850MWV, visit the official website of ROHM.