Automotive Grade Common Mode Filters with ESD Suppression for High Speed Serial Communication
The Common mode filters (CMF) from STMicroelectronics, ECMF04-4HSM10Y, and ECMF04-4HSWM10Y are the first CMFs on the market with automotive-grade qualification and automotive surge compliance guarantee. The CMFs are designed for high-speed serial buses to protect interface ICs by integrating transient-suppression diodes with low clamping voltage.
The CMFs are the best replacements for discrete common-mode chokes or LTCC (low temperature cofired ceramic) devices that are larger and provides no ESD protection. To maintain the reliable functioning of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), they are placed on high-speed data lines for the camera, radar, display, multimedia, and other connections to prevent interference with wireless-communication equipment.
Features of ECMF04-4HSM10Y CMFs
- 2.2 GHz differential bandwidth to comply with HDMI 1.4, USB 3.1, MIPI, display port
- Common mode attenuation on LTE, GSM, and GPS frequencies: -20 dB at 0.7 GHz, -25 dB from 0.8 to 0.9 GHz, -14 dB at 1.5 GHz
- Wettable flank for automatic optical inspection
- Low PCB space consumption: 3.5 mm²
- Thin package for compact applications: 0.75 mm
- AEC-Q101 qualified
Features of ECMF04-4HSWM10Y CMFs
- Very large differential bandwidth to comply with HDMI 2.0, USB3.0, MIPI, DisplayPort and other high-speed serial interfaces
- High common-mode attenuation on WLAN frequencies: 28 dB at 2.4 GHz and -16 dB at 5.0 GHz
- Very good attenuation at LTE, GSM and GPS frequencies
- Large bandwidth: 4.2GHz
- Thin package: 0.55 mm max.
- Complies with IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 standards: ±15 kV (air discharge) and ±8 kV (contact discharge)
The ECMF04-4HSM10Y can prevent radiated noises from reducing the sensitivity of Cellular GPS antennas, whereas the ECMF04-4HSWM10Y protects Bluetooth equipment and V2X (vehicle-to-everything) Wi-Fi antennas, along with cellular and GPS systems. The ECMF04-4HSWM10Y can also be used in LVDS, DisplayPort, USB 3.1, and HDMI 2.0 buses.