AP43771 – USB Type-C Power Delivery Controller for Quick Charger Solutions with Low Standby Power
Diodes Incorporated has introduced the AP43771 USB Type-C power delivery (PD) controller IC with an embedded microcontroller and a one-time programmable memory. The new controller is Diodes’s second generation of highly integrated controllers optimized for quick chargers. It integrates support for USB PD revision 3.0 V1.1, Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 2.0, 3.0, 4/4+ technology as well as battery charging (BC) revision 1.2.
Features of AP43771
- Compatible with USB PD Rev3.0 V1.2
- USB-IF PD3.0/PPS Certificated TID = 1090028
- Qualcomm QC4/4+ Protocol Certificated
- OTP (One-Time-Programmable) for Main Firmware
- MTP (Multi-Time-Programmable ) for System Configuration
- Built-In Regulator for CV and CC Control
- Support SCP/OTP/OVP/UVP with Auto-Restart
- Support Power Saving Mode
- External N -MOSFET Control for VBUS Power Delivery
- Support e-Marker Cable Detection
- Operating Voltage Range: 3.3V to 20V
- Fewest External Component Count
Note: Complete technical details of the controller can be found in the AP43771 Datasheet, linked at the bottom of this page
When combined with the Diodes’ AP39303 PWM switcher and APR34709 Synchronous rectification (SR) switcher, the AP43771 provides 18W of output power. When combined with the AP3303 PWM controller and APR347 SR controller, it can act as a 33W charger solution.
The Programmable power supply (PPS) feature introduced with the latest version of the USB PD specification can also be supported by AP43771. The AP43771 can adjust the constant current and constant voltage (CC/CV) output driver in 50mA steps up to 6A and 20mV steps between 3V and 16V, respectively. The Controller is available in the small DFN30303-14 (3mm x 3mm) package, for more information about AP43771, visit the official website of Diodes Incorporated.