AIS2DW12 - Robust, Low-Power Automotive Accelerometer for Secure Remote Key Fobs
The STMicroelectronics released the AIS2DW12 which is an ultra-low-power three-axis linear accelerometer which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micro-machined accelerometers and designed to address non-safety automotive applications. The new automotive accelerometer makes Passive Keyless Entry (PKE) radio fobs tough enough to survive the inevitable drops and scrapes in a lifetime of use.
The AIS2DW12 accelerometers features motion awareness making it a superior theft resistance withstanding for a long time using its ultra-low power consumption feature. This feature makes it ideal for automotive applications where vehicle owner can enjoy greater security without taking extra care of a fragile fob, and with longer battery life as a bonus. Additionally it can be applied to car key applications, Inclination / orientation detection, Motion-activated functions, Gesture recognition, Free-fall detection and Smart power saving applications.
- Supply voltage: 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- Interfaces: I2C/SPI digital output interface
- Temperature Range: From -40 °C To +85 °C
- Package Type: 12-pad Small Thin Plastic Land Grid Array (LGA) Package
- Dimensions: 2mm x 2mm x 1mm
- Buffer Type: Integrated 32-Level First-In, First-Out (FIFO) Buffer
- Output Data Rate: From 1.6 Hz To 100 Hz
- Power Modes: Four Different Ultra-Low-Power Modes
- Shock Survivability: up to 10000 g
- Independent IO supply and supply voltage compatible
- ±2g/±4g dynamically selectable full scales
- 2 independent programmable interrupts
- Single data conversion on demand
- Embedded temperature sensor
The devices are AEC-Q100 qualified, ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant and comes in LGA package. The devices are available now in a 2mm x 2mm x 1mm 12-pad Land-Grid Array (LGA) package from $1.375 for orders of 1000 pieces.