1N5822 Schottky Diode
1N5822 Pin Configuration
Current always Enters through Anode
Current always Exits through Cathode
1N5822 Diode Features
- Guardring for overvoltage protection
- Very small conduction losses
- Extremely fast switching
- Low forward voltage drop
- High forward surge capability
- High frequency operation
- Solder dip 275 °C max. 10 s, per JESD 22-B106
- IF(AV) 3.0 A
- VRRM 20 V, 30 V, 40 V
- IFSM 80 A
- VF 0.475 V, 0.500 V, 0.525 V
- TJ max. 125 °C
- Package DO-201AD
Brief about 1N5822
Schottky diodes have very low forward drop voltage VF which makes them ideal for fast switching applications at lower current ratings. 1N5822 have forward voltage drop of minimum 0.525 V that is it requires 0.525 V to conduct in forward biased direction. The 1N5822 has maximum average forward rectified current IF(AV) of 3A. The maximum repetitive peak reverse voltage VRRM for 1N5822 is 40V.
How to use a 1N5822?
Schottky diode requires very low forward voltage to conduct in forward direction, therefore they are mostly used in power supply, fast switching applications, etc..
Above circuit shows the diode connected in forward biased inorder to switch ON/OFF the LED. The power source used in the circuit is 3.7V battery. As seen the Schottky diode operates at low voltage and the LED is switched ON.
Applications of 1N5822
- Low voltage high frequency inverters
- Dc/dc converters
- detect signals
- Polarity protection applications
- radio frequency (RF) applications
- logic circuits, due to fast switching
- Schottky diodes are used in switched-mode power supplies
2D Representation (DO-201AD)