XENSIV IM68A130A: High-Performance Analog MEMS Microphone for Automotive ANC Applications
Infineon Technologies AG has introduced the XENSIV MEMS microphone IM68A130A. This microphone is specifically designed for active noise cancellation (ANC) systems in vehicles, ensuring a quiet interior, reducing vehicle weight and enhancing the driving experience for passengers.
The IM68A130A microphone boasts a flat frequency response, stable phase response, and a low frequency roll-off (LFRO = 10Hz). It delivers excellent speech performance with a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR = 68dB(A)) and an impressive acoustic overload point (AOP = 130 dBSPL). These features make it an ideal choice for general-purpose microphones in any audio system. It is also suitable for beamforming and ANC applications, where strategically placed microphones detect sounds in the cabin and generate inverted sound waves through audio speakers to reduce noise levels.
This microphone minimizes module and system qualification efforts and reduces the risk of failure. It is designed to be available throughout the typical lifecycle of a vehicle, enabling savings in design-in efforts and the development of platform solutions. Additionally, its extended operating temperature range of up to +105°C allows for versatile use in various application environments both inside and outside the vehicle.
- Qualification according to AEC-Q103-003
- High Acoustic Overload Point (AOP) of 130 dBSPL
- 10 Hz low frequency roll off
- High Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) of 68 dB(A)
- Enlarged operating temperature range up to +105°C
- Tight sensitivity (-38±1 dB) tolerance ‒ Analog single ended output
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC/RNC)
- Voice control/beamforming
- Hands free calling/e-call
- External Sound sensing - Sirens detection
- Contact and road condition detection
Availability and Pricing
The IM68A130A are now available at the price of $2.25 per unit.