Ultra-Low Power ZMOD4510 Sensor for Personalized Outdoor Air Quality Monitoring
The new ZMOD4510 Outdoor Air Quality gas sensor from Renesas Electronics Corporation can be used in measuring the outdoor atmospheric ozone level. The sensor is available in an IP67-Qualified waterproof package and consumes very low power of 200µW. This makes it suitable for use in harsh and submersible environmental conditions and enables a longer lifetime of battery-powered applications. The AI-based algorithm of the ZMOD4510 allows it to selectively measure the harmful ozone gas present outdoors through devices such as smartwatches, phones, and smoke detectors. The software configuration device delivers enhanced flexibility.
In addition to low power, small size, and excellent flexibility the device can also quantify selective Ozone levels in concentrations as low as 20 parts per billion (ppb), together the ZMOD4510 is the best solution for mobile and wearable devices, as well as industrial applications such as wireless security cameras and parking meters.
In a tiny 3mm x 3mm x 0.9mm LGA package, the ZMOD4510 can deliver superior accuracy and high performance without any expensive waterproofing systems. The sensor is shipped fully calibrated in the hydrophobic and oleophobic package, and customers can apply a conformal coating on their circuitry rather than adding an external membrane to the module.
Features of ZMOD4510 Gas Sensor
- Non-selective measurement of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and ozone (O3)
- Selective ozone (O3) measurement using ultra-low-power
- Supports international standards for air quality, such as the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Ultra-low average power consumption down to 0.2mW
- External reset pin (active-LOW)
- Siloxane resistant
- RoHS compliant
- Target operation temperature: -40 °C to +65 °C
- Supply voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Water and dustproof version available (IP67 certified)
Note: More technical information can be found in the ZMOD4510 Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the ZMOD4510 Outdoor Air Quality Gas Sensor product page.