Series of LTE Cat 4 Multi-Mode Smart Modules for High Data Rates and Multimedia Applications
Quectel Wireless Solutions has introduced the SC696S series of multi-mode smart LTE modules. The modules are equipped with a Linux operating system and are powered by the Qualcomm QCM6125 System-on-Chip (SoC) for IoT, along with a built-in Qualcomm Adreno 610 GPU, providing efficient processing capabilities for various IoT applications.
These modules come with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities and are designed to support multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, which ensures reliable performance. The modules also feature a multi-constellation GNSS receiver for fast and accurate positioning and offer various interfaces, including LCM, camera, touch panel, UART, USB, I2C, I2S, and SPI, and can support up to six cameras, two of which can work concurrently.
These modules come in three variants (SC696S-EM, SC696S-NA, and SC696S-WF), each meeting different user requirements. They have a form factor of 43mm x 44mm x 2.85mm and can operate in a temperature range of -35°C to +75°C, making them suitable for challenging deployment environments.
- Exceptional system performance based on Qualcomm 64-bit octa-core ARM Kryo 260 processors
- Built-in Qualcomm high-performance Adreno 610 graphics engine
- Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- MIPI DSI (resolution of up to 1920 ×1200 @ 60fps or 1080×2520 @ 60fps)
- Maximum 6 cameras, and supports two concurrently-working cameras
- Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
- Recording and playback of 4K videos @ 30fps
- Smart cash registers
- Point of sale (POS) devices
- Tax control machines
- On-board equipment
- Smart home devices
- Industrial handheld equipment
- Vending machines
- Other smart hardware