STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
SCHA600 – 6DOF Gyroscope and Accelerometer with Digital SPI Interface for Automotive Applications
Murata has introduced the SCHA600 a new MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) 6DoF (Six Degrees of Freedom) inertial sensor that delivers high performance for safety-critical automotive applications. The sensor enables new ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems) functionality and AD (Automated Driving) through data fusion with GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) and various perception sensors such as camera, radar, and lidar.
As a single package, 6DoF component integrated with GNSS and perception sensor for L2+ and higher-level autonomy, the SCHA600 provides centimeter-level accuracy regarding vehicle dynamics and position for safe, robust, and verified autonomous driving. The SCHA600 is also designed with extensive failsafe functions and error bits for diagnostics, such as internal reference signal monitoring, checksum techniques for verifying communication, and signal saturation/over-range detection.
The Device is designed with a unique diagnostic feature of Murata’s 3-axis accelerometer which continuously operates for self-test function by monitoring the sensor during measurement, this makes sure of the proper operation of the entire signal chain from MEMS sensor movement to signal conditioning circuitry for every measurement cycle.
The SCHA600 is suitable to be used in various applications including Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), Automated Driving (AD), Inertial Navigation for dead reckoning, Lane Keeping Assistant (LKA), Motion and position measurements, and Platform stabilization
Features of SCHA600
- Single package 6DOF component for safety-critical and AD applications
- ISO26262 compliant for systems up to ASIL D
- Component-level dynamic cross-axis calibration enables better than 0.3° cross-axis error over temperature
- Allan variance down to 0.9 °/h at room temperature
- Gyro RMS noise level below 0.007°/s
- Excellent vibration robustness
- Extensive self-diagnostics features
- ±125°/s or ±300°/s angular rate measurement range to cover various application needs
- ±6 g acceleration measurement range
- −40°C～+110°C operating temperature range
- 3.0V～3.6V supply voltage
- SOIC housing body size 18.7 mm x 8.5 mm x 4.5 mm (L × W × H), 32 pins
- Qualified according to the AEC-Q100 standard
Note: more technical details can be found in the flyer linked at the bottom of this page and on the SCHA600 product page.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.