Power and Functional Safe Solution RAA271050 and RAA27100 for Systems Based on the R-Car V3H SoC for Cameras in ADAS
Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced a new power and functional safe solution for systems based on the R-Car V3H system-on-chip (SoC) for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) automotive front cameras and driver monitor cameras. The new solution includes the RAA271050 a 42V synchronous buck pre-regulator and the RAA27100, seven-channel PMIC (Power Management IC).
The pre-regulator accepts the vehicle's 12V supply and steps it down to an intermediate supply voltage of 3.3V or 5.0V, thereafter, the PMIC further steps it down to various supply voltages needed by R-Car V3H and its peripherals such as LPDDR4 memory. Both RAA271050 and RAA271000 are developed per the ISO-26262 standards and supports system safety requirements up to ASIL D.
The devices can deliver supply voltages with current capability that meets all power specifications including sequence, voltage accuracy, and load step response. Offering a best-in-class efficiency and reduced power up to 33% compared to other similar solutions, the new devices are designed to match R-Car requirements with no unnecessary overhead, reducing component cost and PCB area. The low power loss of the devices enables operation at higher temperatures, reducing cooling costs and delivering better reliability.
Feature of the R-Car V3H Power Solution
- Programmable Output Voltage, Sequencing, I/O Configuration and Safety Configuration providing flexibility to support R-CAR V3H and an expansive range of SoCs
- Integrated 12-bit SAR ADC with up to 16 external inputs monitors internal and external signals, eliminating the need for an added system ADC
- Dynamic Voltage Frequency Scaling (DVFS) adjusts output voltage to minimize power consumption
- Optional Spread Spectrum Clocking mitigates EMI
- Built-in Support for R-Car V3H SoC Activation streamlines SoC self-test procedures
Note: More technical information can be found in the RAA271050 datasheet and on the product pages RAA271050 and RAA271000.