Nuvoton Technology’s New MCU Series for Enhanced Motor and Power Control
Nuvoton Technology has launched its KM1M4BF and KM1M7AF/KM1M7BF series MCUs designed for motor and power control in various applications. These MCU series improve energy efficiency and sustainability, streamlined product development, and a reduction in product platform costs and supply chain complexity.
These MCU series are powered by an Arm Cortex-M4F CPU operating up to 120MHz, with integrated Flash and SRAM, it supports a wide operating voltage of 2.9-5.5V and a broad operating temperature range of -40°C to +110°C.
The MCU offers high-speed, highly accurate feedback control via high-speed ADC (2 Msps) and high-resolution PWM (208ps). For heat pumps and commercial-grade air conditioning, it supports control of up to 2 motors and provides advanced 3-phase interleaved PFC simultaneously.
Flexible IO options include 2 sets of differential variable gain amplifiers (VGA) and 4 sets of comparators for analog connectivity. Notable peripherals encompass 8 sets of motor & power control PWM, complementary PWM output, dead time insert, output shift, duty cut, period cut, and synchronous ADC trigger.
- Integrated Flash and SRAM.
- Wide operating voltage and temperature range.
- Simultaneous two-motor and PFC control.
- High-speed ADC (2 Msps).
- Built-in differential variable gain amplifier & window comparator.
- Safety functions: memory ECC, clock error detection, ADC failure diagnosis.
- Compliance with IEC60730 certification.
- White goods applications.
- Air conditioning systems.
- Electric bikes (e-bikes).
- Equivalent EV motors.
- High-voltage power supply for EV charging.
- Energy storage systems.
- Heat pumps.
- Commercial-grade air conditioning.