New EiceDRIVER X3 Analog and Digital Gate Drivers with Reinforced Isolation for Enhanced Application Safety and Increased Operating Life
Infineon Technologies is all set to offer superior reinforced isolation for higher application safety and long operating life as the company has expanded its easy-to-design EiceDRIVER X3 Compact (1ED31xx) and the highly flexible EiceDRIVER X3 Enhanced Analog (1ED34xx) and Digital (1ED38xx) gate driver families. The new VDE 0884-11 certified devices are packed in an 8mm wide-body and they are suitable for applications with demanding isolation requirements including industrial drives, solar systems, uninterruptible power supplies, EV charging, and other industrial applications.
With driving currents of 5.5,10 and 14A, the EiceDRIVER X3 Compact family can offer optimized propagation delays of 90ns. The family also includes a Miller clamp that is highly recommended for SiC MOSFET 0 V turn-off. These features make the 1ED31xx suitable for high switching frequency applications IGBT7 and power switches with voltage ratings up to 2300V.
The EiceDRIVER X3 Enhanced Analog and Digital families offer precise and adjustable DESAT, as well as additional configurable parameters based on I2C. With a built-in monitoring functionality for predictive maintenance, these devices support high flexibility in designs and reduce hardware complexity and evaluation time.
Features of 1ED3121MU12H Gate Driver
- EiceDRIVER Compact single-channel isolated gate driver 1ED31xx family (X3 compact family)
- For use with 650 V/1200 V/1700 V/2300 V IGBTs, Si and SiC MOSFETs
- 2300 V functional offset voltage capable for selected applications
- Galvanically isolated coreless transformer gate driver
- 5.5 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current
- 40 V absolute maximum output supply voltage
- 90 ns propagation delay with 30 ns input filter
- High common-mode transient immunity CMTI >200 kV/μs
- Separate source and sink outputs
- Short-circuit clamping and active shutdown
- DSO-8 300 mil wide-body package with large creepage distance (>8 mm)
- 10.5 V/12.5 V under-voltage lockout (UVLO) protection with hysteresis
Note: More technical information can be found in the 1ED31xxMU12H Compact Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of EiceDRIVER 1ED31xxMU12H Compact Gate Driver.