New Digital Power Combination Controllers with Multi-Mode PFC and time-shift LLC
STMicroelectronics STNRG011A digital power combination controller for 90W to 300W power supplies features enhanced overload management that ensures accurate output-voltage regulation when overcurrent protection is active.
Integrating a power-factor correction (PFC) controller, LLC resonant half-bridge controller, 800V startup circuitry, and supervisory engine, the STNRG011A is used in power adapters, chargers, and television and lighting power supplies. The multi-mode PFC controller implements performance-enhancing features including input-voltage feedforward, a distortion optimizer, and frequency limitation. The digital supervisory engine features an 8-bit core and dedicated peripherals, with digital algorithms stored in internal ROM to ensure reliability and a minimal bill of materials (BoM).
STNRG011A Power Controller Features
- Digital combo multi-mode PFC + time-shift LLC resonant half-bridge controller
- Onboard 800 V startup circuit, line sense and X-cap discharge compliant with IEC 62368-1, for reduced standby power
- Enhanced fixed on time multi-mode TM PFC controller with input voltage feed- forward, THD optimizer and frequency limitation
- Complete set of PFC protections
- Time-shift control of resonant half-bridge
- Enhanced burst-mode at light load with fast transient response and line adaptive half- bridge brown-out protection
More technical information can be found in the datasheet linked below. The STNRG011A is in production now, in a SO20 package, priced from $2.08 for orders of 1000 pieces.