New 3-Phase Gate Driver IC with Integrated Power Management and Protection Features for Battery Powered BLDC Motors
Infineon Technologies AG has announced the release of its new MOTIX 3-phase gate driver IC, 6ED2742S01Q, designed for use in automotive and industrial motor control applications. The IC is built on silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology and is rated for operation at 160 V.
The device is packaged in a thermally efficient QFN-32 package with an exposed power pad, making it easy to integrate into a wide range of applications including battery-powered industrial BLDC motor control drives, cordless power tools, robotics, drones, and light electric vehicles (LEVs).
Features of 6ED2742S01Q BLDC Motor Driver IC
- Integrated power management unit (PMU)
- Integrated bootstrap diodes to power three external high-side bootstrap capacitors
- Under-voltage lock-out (UVLO)
- Overcurrent protection with configurable threshold
- Fault communication and automatic fault recovery
- Current sense amplifier (CSA) with selectable gain between the low-side supply voltage (V SS) and the low-side power ground return (COM)
- High-pulse current buffer stage designed to minimize driver cross-conduction
- 1 A source and 2 A sink current
- Propagation delay of 100 ns and a minimum dead time of 100 ns with built-in delay matching
- Exposed pad of the QFN-32 provides very low thermal resistance
- Rated for industrial temperature operation ranging from -40°C to 125°C
- Can easily drive OptiMOS™ and StrongIRFET™ MOSFETs in single or parallel combinations
- Supports battery voltages from 10.8 V to 120 V
The MOTIX 6ED2742S01Q is now available for ordering in an industry-standard 5 x 5 mm² QFN-32 package with an exposed pad and a 2 kV HBM ESD rating. For more information, visit the Infineon website.