STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
MLX91216 XHF – 250 kHz IMC-Hall Current Sensor for Accurate Current Measurement Up to 2000A
Melexis has introduced MLX91216 XHF extra high field current sensor for accurate high current measurement up to 2000A in emerging automotive applications. The MLX91216 XHF extends the family of Melexis IMC-Hall sensors that provide accurate, high-speed current measurement for a wide range of automotive and industrial applications.
The patented Integrated Magnetic Concentrator (IMC) enables accurate contact-free measurement of busbar current in combination with a simple U-shape magnetic shield. The new sensor can be mounted on the PCB and positioned over the busbar within the shield. This allows more mechanical movement because the measurement is not dependent on a magnetic field gradient. The IMC-Hall technology is coreless; hence, it can lend itself to smaller assemblies with surface mount package solutions. This avoids the use of more complex through-hole packages that often require specific lead bending/forming native to core-based solutions.
The AEC-Q100 Grade-0 Qualified MLX9116 XHF can operate over the temperature range of -40 °C to +150 °C and has a wide measurement range from ±25 mT to ±90 mT with linearity down to ±0.2% full scale. The sensor has been designed with a response time of 2μs and high thermal stability with offset drift below 5 mV and sensitivity drift within 1%.
Features of MLX91216 XHF Extra High Field Current Sensor
- High accuracy: Thermal offset drift <5mV; Thermal sensitivity drift <1%
- High speed: DC to 250 kHz bandwidth; 2μs response time
- MLX91216 ACH versions (High field): for current from 200 to 600 A
- MLX91216 ACV versions (Very high field): for current from 400 to 1200 A
- MLX91216 ACX versions (eXtra high field): for current from 800 to 2000 A
- Programmable gain, offset, filtering, clamping, and more
- 48bit unique ID for traceability
- AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified
- SOIC8 (DC) package, RoHS, MSL-3
Note: More technical information can be found in the MLX91216 High-Speed Current Sensor IC Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the MLX91216 IMH-Hall Current Sensor product page.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.