Low power RAA2230XX Buck Regulators with minimal EMI and No Audible Noise for Home automation and IoT applications
Renesas Electronics Corporation has unveiled a family of new 700V buck regulators that offers designers numerous advantages over competitive solutions. The new RAA2230XX devices deliver superior power consumption, noise and EMI suppression, as well as reduced overall system cost. They are ideal for a wide range of applications, including home appliances, sensing systems such as smoke alarms and gas sensors, white goods, power meters and industrial controls. The new buck regulators connect to the AC line to power Renesas MCUs, sensors and other digital ICs.
They feature a unique switching algorithm which minimizes electromagnetic interference (EMI) and eliminates audible noise that can affect competitors’ solutions. RAA2230XX buck regulators consume only 10mW to 30mW when idle which helps system designers to meet ever-tightening standby power regulations. Moreover, these regulators also can supply as low as 3.3V output which enable designers to eliminate a second-stage low dropout regulator (LDO) while saving BOM cost and board space.
Philip Chesley, Vice President of the Industrial and Communications Business Division at Renesas said that, “The RAA2230XX family is a superior solution that complements our deep and broad line of products for the home and industrial markets.This is an excellent example of Renesas’ ability to combine great products with design and applications expertise to help our customers get to market faster with differentiated end products.”
Key Features of the RAA2230XX Buck Regulators
- Support for both non-isolated buck and isolated flyback topologies, allowing customers to develop multiple types of AC input power supplies
- Ultra-low 10mW to 30mW idle power consumption, enabling compliance with strict standby power regulations
- Minimal EMI and no audible noise prevent last-minute product development headaches
- Available in TSOT23-5, SOIC-8 and SOIC-7 package options, delivering pin-to-pin compatibility with competitors’ products for easy replacement
Applications of RAA22330XX
- Home appliances
- Home automation, IoT, and sensors
- Metering and Industry control
- Bias power
Availability of Regulators
The new 700V RAA2230XX buck regulators are available now. The family includes 2W, 4W and 8W versions.