Low Power AL583Q Three-Channel Linear LED Driver for Simplifying Automotive Rear Lighting Designs
Diodes Incorporated has introduced the AL5873Q, 25°C ambient temperature operation, automotive-compliant, AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified three-channel linear LED driver for simplifying rear lamp cluster designs. With the capability of up to 250mA driving channels, the new device can support two different LED current levels for enabling more streamlined lighting systems.
The new LED driver can support up to 1kHz PWM frequency with the analog and master PWM dimming control functionality. The Current on each channel can be regulated to within a ±4% tolerance. This provides a better channel to channel matching in the rear combination lamps. The device’s built-in protection features with a bidirectional (input/output) fault pin helps in detecting faults. Additionally, it also allows up to four devices to have their fault pins connected together.
The device comes with various features including internal junction temperature monitoring, thermal foldback, thermal shutdown, and LED string-open/-short protection mechanisms are also included along with Undervoltage lockout for protection. The AL5873Q is supplied in a compact 16-pin TSSOP package, supports PPAP documentation, and is manufactured in IATF 16949 certified facilities. The unit price is $0.50 in 10,000 piece quantities.
Features of AL5873Q LED Driver
- AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Qualification
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 5V to 55V
- Each Channel Up to 250mA Current Capability
- Set Stop and Tail Current Independently Through 2 Resistors
- Switch LED Current Between Stop and Tail Function Automatically via FULL Input
- PWM Dimming via Both PWM Input and Power Supply
- Analog Dimming via ADIM Input
- Automatically Enter and Exit Standby Mode without Enable Pin
Note: More technical information can be found in the AL5873Q Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the AL5873Q LED Driver product page.