Low Cost Electromechanical Keyswitch with Integrated LED for High Reliability and Smooth Tactile Feedback
The electromechanical switch manufacturer, C&K has come up with an illuminated key switch series to be used in appliances, electronic games, video applications, and industrial controls. The D6 Series of illuminated key switch features an integrated LED, reducing costs and simplifying the design of the illumination path due to which it can be used in a wide range of panel applications including appliances.
These new switches that go by the name D6 offer smooth, positive tactile feedback with a clear tactile sound for enhanced ergonomics and ease of use The standout features of D6 switches include their ability to withstand high temperatures, easy X, Y coding on a single side PCB, RoHS compliant, etc.
The varieties of color and style options these switches come in make it easy for the users to match it to their product design, thereby adding aesthetic value to the same. The D6 Series offers a mechanical life up to 100K cycles and the switch has an operating temperature of -20°C to 60°C.
Key Features of D6 Series of Illuminated key Switch
- Easy X, Y coding on single side PCB
- Positive/ smooth tactile feedback
- High temperature
- Wide variety of colors & styles
- Illuminated versions available
- RoHS compliant and compatible
- Contact Rating: 100mA (10mA for illuminated version)
- Electrical Life: Up to 250,000 cycles
- Contact Resistance: < 100 milliohms
- Insulation Resistance: > 100 megohms
- Dielectric Strength: 250 Vrms
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 85°C (-20°C to 60°C for illuminated version)
- Solderability: Wave soldering, compatible with lead-free soldering profile, hand soldering, 350°C for 3 seconds
Note: More technical information can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and in the D6 series of the illuminated key switch product page.