LED1202 - Programmable 12 Channel RGB-LED Driver
The ST's LED1202 12-channel LED driver enables smoother and more natural interactions with smart-home devices, wearable electronics, and small appliances. It can store eight programmable patterns and sequences and operate independently of the main controller, enabling the host system to save power while sophisticated lighting effects run continuously. 12-bit internal PWM dimming enables precision control of programmed sequences and the main controller can set 8-bit values for analog dimming via the driver’s I2C interface. Minimal external components are required to complete the driver circuit.
With 12 output channels, a single LED1202 can drive four RGB LEDs at up to 20mA per channel. An innovative synchronization feature allows connecting up to eight LED1202 drivers to control larger LED arrays. In addition, superior low-current channel matching, within 2% (typical) at 2.5mA, enhances color consistency. Phase shifting between channels minimizes current ripple and prevents excessive peak demand. Built-in safety features include open-LED detection, over-temperature protection, and a fault-flag pin.
- Supply range from 2.6 V to 5 V
- 12 channels for single LED
- 20 mA current capability per channel
- 1% (typ.) current matching at 16 mA and 2% (typ.) at 2.5 mA
- 1.8 V compatible I²C control interface
- 8-bit analog dimming individual control
- 12-bit local PWM resolution
- 8 programmable patterns
- Programmable pattern sequence
- Synchronization for multi-device application
- Phase shifting between channels
- Open LED detection
- Overtemperature protection'8 configurable I²C slave addresses plus global address
- Fault flag pin
The LED1202JR is available in 1.71mm x 2.16mm WLCSP-20 flip-chip is $0.90 and the LED1202QTR in 3mm x 3mm VFQFPN-20 is $1.15 for orders of 1000 pieces.