Isolated 12 Watt Converters with 88% High Efficiency for Cost-Sensitive and Space Critical Applications
Traco Power has released two new isolated 12 Watt converters, TEL 12 and TEL 12WI for space-critical and cost-sensitive applications in instrumentation, IT, and industrial electronics. These miniaturizing low power DC/DC converters come in DIP-24 package and solidify the new standard for power density with 3,61 W/cm3 and effectively double the power density.
Both the devices operate at a temperature up to +65 °C at full load and up to 85 °C with 50% load. The TEL 12 and TEL 12WI converters offer high efficiency of up to 88% and wide 2:1 or 4:1 input voltage ranges respectively. The internal input filter allows the converters to comply with the conducted emission standard EN 55032 class A.
Features of TEL 12 and TEL 12WI Converters
- Ultra-compact 12 Watt converter in DIP-16 metal casing
- The highest power density of 3,61W/cm3
- 6-side shielded metal case with insulated baseplate
- Wide 2:1 and 4:1 input voltage ranges
- High efficiency (up to 88%) for low thermal loss
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +88°C
- Built-In EN 55032 class A filter
- Protection against short circuit