High Performance Thyristor/Diode Prime Block Modules for Drives and UPS Applications
Infineon Technologies has introduced its new 50 and 60 mm Prime Block Modules for high performance in Drives and UPS applications. The new Prime block 50mm modules feature solder bond technology, and the 60mm modules feature pressure contact technology. They are designed in such a way that it can show high performance even when the desired current exceeds 600A within the 60 mm footprint or a 50mm footprint. This avoids paralleling of modules when this is not an option. Prime Blocks modules are a perfect fit for industrial AC, and DC drives as well as for rectifiers and bypasses in UPS. These new modules have been optimized for better thermal resistance and higher operational temperatures to push their performance beyond the existing limits. The Prime Block achieves the highest power density in its respective footprint while maintaining the well-known reliability, which leads to an outstanding lifetime.
Features of 50mm and 60mm Modules:
- 60 mm modules blocking voltage are of 1600 V or 2200 V at current ratings from 700A to 820A
- 50mm modules blocking voltage are of 1600V, 1800V and 2200V and supports current ratings of up to 390 A
- Increased power density
- Highest current rating in a 50mm footprint
- Best-in-class power density in standard 60mm housing to prevent paralleling
- Cost-effective solder bond technology for increased competitiveness in 50 mm modules
- Highest surge current in 60 mm housing
- Predictably high performance and lifetime due to 100% x-ray monitoring in 50 mm modules
- Proven pressure contact technology with a short-on-fail feature for 60 mm modules
- 50 mm module consists of the solid baseplate for fast and easy mounting
- 60 mm modules have best-in-class DC blocking capability
- Easy mounting
The pressure contact modules provide best-in-class blocking stability. The solder bond modules, fully undergo X-ray monitoring after the soldering process. The variant in the 60mm standard housing comes in the topologies thyristor/thyristor and thyristor/diode with a blocking voltage of either 1600v or 2200V and in current ratings from 700 A to 820 A. The 50mm, standard housing variant is offered in the topologies thyristor/thyristor, thyristor/diode, and diode/diode. Its blocking voltage stands at 1600 V, 1800, and 2200 V. The modules support current ratings of up to 390A. These modules are mainly used in industrial AC, and DC drives Rectifiers, and static by-passes in UPS. The new 50 and 60 mm Prime block family is available in high quantities. For information, visit the respective prime block product page on the official website.