High Performance Proteus-III-SPI Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 Module for Industrial Applications
Proteus-III-SPI from Würth Elektronik is the Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 module that is based on the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 chipset that offers significantly high performance with a payload of up to 964 bytes. The module offers four times the throughput of most Bluetooth low-energy modules. It allows a significantly higher data rate than the UART with 1.5 times the end-to-end data throughput.
The Proteus-III-SPI variant is ideal for applications in which no free UART interface is available, or if the data throughput of the UART interface is insufficient. Besides, this new SPI variant is more power-efficient compared to the ones already up on the market shelves.
The Bluetooth module measures a mere 8 x 12 x 2 mm and comes with an integrated antenna, encryption technology, and six configurable IO pins. Proteus-III-SPI offers a good alternative to the SPP (Serial Port Profile) mode for serial data transmission, which is extremely useful for industrial applications. The device includes a long-range mode. The Proteus-III-SPI is now available ex-stock without a minimum order quantity.
Features of Proteus-III & Proteus-III-SPI EXTENDED Bluetooth LE 5.1 Module
- UART Interface (Proteus-III) or SPI Interface (Proteus-III-SPI) available
- Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.1 Standard with 2 MBit PHY and Coded PHY (long-range)
- Nordic nRF52840
- Includes DIS (device information service)
- Payload size up to 964 byte
- Nano SIM size
- Serial data transmission (Smart Serial Profile)
- 6 configurable digital IO pins (local and remote)
- up to 8 dBm output power
- Smart antenna configuration (2-in-1 Module)
- High throughput mode
- Scan and Connect in long-range mode
- Wireless Connectivity SDK
Note: More technical information can be found in the Proteus-III datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and in the Proteus-III & Proteus-III-SPI EXTENDED Bluetooth LE 5.1 Module product page.