High Performace PCB-Less MLX90377 Triaxis Position Sensor IC for Automotive and Industrial Applications
Melexis has introduced the MLX90377, a single- and dual-die (fully redundant) Triaxis position sensor for automotive and industrial applications. This new magnetic rotary and linear position sensor IC has been designed based on the Triaxis Hall magnetic front-end. The device integrates an ADC with signal conditioning, DSP, and an output stage driver that now supports SPC (Short PWM Code) as well as ratiometric analog, PWM, and SENT signal formats.
The stray field robust modes, ASIL-C(single die) capability, and external pin measurement make the device ideal for high performance and safety-critical applications, it can also be used in rotary and linear motion position sensing applications. The MLX90377 is offered in SMP-3 and SMP-4 (single mold package, 3- and 4-pin) for designs without a printed circuit board. This reduces the overall system cost and improves mechanical integration and reliability.
The SMP-3 is a single die solution and will first be supported by the MLX90377 while the SMP-4 provides a dual die solution (shared power and ground pins) and will first be supported by the previously launched MLX90371.
Features of MLX90377 Triaxis Position Senor IC
- Triaxis Hall Technology
- On-Chip Signal Processing for Robust Absolute Position Sensing
- Programmable Measurement Range
- Programmable Linear Transfer Characteristic (4 or 8 Multi-points or 16 or 32 Piece-Wise Linear)
- Selectable (fast) SENT, PWM, SPC, or Ratiometric Analog Output modes
- Enhanced serial data communication
- 48 bit ID Number option
- Single Die - SOIC-8, DMP-4, SMP-3, and Dual Die (Full Redundant) - TSSOP-16 package RoHS Compliant
- Robustness against stray-field
Note: More technical information can be found in the MLX90377 Datasheet lined at the bottom of this page and on the product page of MLX90377 Triaxis Position Senor IC.