Cellular IoT Transmit Module for Enhanced Connectivity and Power Efficiency with Extended Battery Life
Qorvo has introduced its latest cellular Internet of Things (IoT) transmit module, the QM55011. This multi-band multi-mode RF front end (RFFE) module is optimized for NB-IoT1/2 and LTE Cat-M1/2 3GPP standards. The QM55011 supports lower voltage operation under specific NB-IoT/LTE-M use cases and accommodates other air standards such as non-terrestrial network (NTN) and Wireless Smart Utility Networks (Wi-SUN) enhancing power efficiency for applications without readily available chargers and main power sources.
The QM55011 is compact, measuring 3 mm x 3 mm, and suitable for size-constrained applications such as smart meters, asset tracking, wearables, and smart infrastructure. Operating at 2.5V, it extends usability to low-voltage applications, offering expanded NB-IoT and LTE-M operation. This capability broadens the range of battery options and eliminates the need for boost converters.
The QM55011 supports both low-band (663 to 915 MHz) and mid-band (1695 to 2010 MHz) operations, including the introduction of B65 over previous product offerings. It incorporates integrated TX harmonic rejection filters and an antenna switch with auxiliary TX/RX paths, capable of handling 2G power and a wide frequency range for bolt-on power amplifiers (PAs). The band selection and bias of this module can be conveniently programmed through a mobile industry processor interface (MIPI), enhancing its ease of use and integration.
- Universal Multi-Band FEM for C-IoT
- 3GPP: 4G LTE (REL 16), LTE-M (CAT-M1/M2), NB-IoT (CAT-NB1/NB2), HD-FDD, 1RB-24RB
- Low Band: 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27, 28, 71, 85
- Mid Band: 1, 2, 3, 4, 25, 39, 65, 66, 70
- Universal Multi-Band PA with Adaptive Biasing Scheme for Maximum PA Efficiency (LUT)
- Integrated TX Filtering for Coexistence, Harmonic Rejection, and SEM
- SP6T Antenna TX/RX Switch (2-Tx; 4-TRx)
- MIPI RFFE Control Interface, v2.0 Compliant
- CIOT Front Ends
- Asset tracking