ACS37610: A New Coreless Hall-Effect Sensor for Demanding Automotive and Industrial Systems
Allegro Microsystem has introduced ACS37610, a new coreless Hall-effect sensor for demanding automotive and industrial systems. The device comes with higher accuracy and sensitivity, additional fault detection capabilities, and user programmability, hence they can be used to measure currents from 100A to greater than 4000A flowing through a busbar or PCB trace with a typical 1 percent accuracy.
The features advanced differential sensing technology of the ACS37610 results in a 2.5× improvement in signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and a 2× lower noise relative to the ACS37612. The lower noise provides the superior resolution required for accurate torque control, while the sensor’s 4× higher sensitivity range enables flexible busbar and PCB designs.
The ACS37610 can be used in electric vehicle high-voltage traction motor inverters, 48V / 12V auxiliary inverters, heterogeneous redundant battery monitoring, over-current detection, smart fuses, power distribution units (PDUs), and power supplies. The sensor’s 250 kHz bandwidth, dedicated over-current, and over-temperature fault pin, and a slew of built-in diagnostics make it ideal for safety-critical applications.
The ACS37610 sensor is available in a low-profile, lead (Pb)-free, 8-pin surface mount TSSOP package, hence the ultra-compact device is ideal for space-constrained applications.
Features of ACS37610 Hall-Effect Sensor
- Eliminates the need for concentrator core or shield
- Contactless, lossless, non-invasive current sensing
- Suited for applications where current flows through busbar or PCB
- High operating bandwidth: DC to 250 kHz
- Overcurrent (OCF) and Overtemperature (OTF) detection on Fault Pin
- Differential Hall sensing rejects common-mode magnetic fields
- Very fast response time (<2µS typ)
- Wide ambient temperature range: –40°C to 150°C
- 3.3 or 5.0 V single-supply operation
Note: More technical information can be found in the ACS37610 Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of ACS37610 coreless Hall-effect sensor.