DCM2322 - Isolated DC-DC Converters for Low Power Rail Infrastructure Applications
There is a steady demand for a wide range of DC-DC converters that can be used in a variety of new safety systems and passenger services. The new DCM2322 isolated DC-DC converter is designed by keeping the focus on power density, efficiency and ease of use. The DCM2322 ChiP family is a lower power and smaller package variant of the DCM3623 family that provides power system engineers a smaller footprint option with input voltage ranges that meet up multiple EN50155 standards. The new series offers a wide input voltage ranges of 43-154V , 14-72V and 9-50V.
Features if DCM2322:
- Packaged in 0.97x0.90x0.30in (22x23x7mm)
- The converter with 43- 154V input can provide 3.3V output at 40W, 5V output at 60W and 12V,15V, 24V, 28V, 48V output at 120W
- The converter with 14-72V input can provide 3.3V output at 35W, 5V output at 50W and 12V, 15V, 24V, 28V, 48V output at 100W
- The converter with 9 – 50V input can provide 12V, 15V, 24V, 28V and 48V output at 60W
- It can offer a high efficiency of 90.5%.
Note: More technical details can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page. The datasheet is for 9-50V input voltage, other datasheets can be found on product page.
The extensive family of isolated DCMs makes use of the Vicor high-Frequency zero-voltage switching topology that can achieve industry leading thermal and electrical performance with power densities 5 times greater than the competing DC-DC converters. Apart from modern rail applications the DCM2322 can also be used for powering a board range of robotics, UAV, communications and defense/ aerospace applications. To know more about the family of Vicor DC-DC converter modules visit the product page on their official website.